These charts reflect results as of year-end 2021, which included the global pandemic. COVID-19 impacted global commercial activity and contributed to significant volatility in financial markets, including real estate. The evolving nature of the pandemic makes it difficult to ascertain the long-term impact it will have on commercial real estate markets and on Hines Global’s investments.
Global real estate historically has improved a traditional portfolio.1,2
Returns & Volatility—0% GRE
Returns & Volatility—10% GRE
- Global Real Estate
Global real estate has provided a competitive source of income.
- Direct owned real estate (global) represented by the msci global
- Corporate Bonds (U.S.) Represented by Bank of America Merrill Lynch US Corp Master Total Return Index
- corporate bonds (global) represented by BLOOMBERG BARCLAYS GLOBAL AGGREGATE CORPORATE INDEX
- Stocks (US) represented by DIVIDEND YIELD OF S&P 500 INDEX
- TREASURY BILLS (T-BILLS) represented by THE BANK OF AMERICA MERRILL LYNCH 0-3 MONTH U.S. TREASURY BILL INDEX
1/1/2007 — 12/31/2021