The financial markets have experienced volatility as a result of COVID-19, also called the Coronavirus. Global real estate isn’t immune. These charts reflect results as of year-end 2019, before the global pandemic began. COVID-19 continues to adversely impact global commercial activity and has contributed to significant volatility in financial markets, including real estate. The rapidly evolving nature of the pandemic makes it difficult to ascertain the long-term impact it will have on commercial real estate markets and on Hines Global's investments.
Global real estate historically has improved a traditional portfolio.1,2
Global real estate has provided a competitive source of income.
- Direct owned real estate (global) represented by the msci global
- Corporate Bonds (U.S.) Represented by Bank of America Merrill Lynch US Corp Master Total Return Index
- corporate bonds (global) represented by BLOOMBERG BARCLAYS GLOBAL AGGREGATE CORPORATE INDEX
- Stocks (US) represented by DIVIDEND YIELD OF S&P 500 INDEX
- TREASURY BILLS (T-BILLS) represented by THE BANK OF AMERICA MERRILL LYNCH 0-3 MONTH U.S. TREASURY BILL INDEX
1/1/2007 — 12/31/2019